September 1, 2011

Do You Take Me...

I'm IN LOVE with vintage...I admit it. And during the course of my courtship with it I have fallen deeply in love with the vintage inspired wedding theme, so much so that I am most of the way committed to expanding my business to wedding planning. Now this is coming from someone who has been married for 16 years, was married in Las Vegas, and has NEVER EVER had that twinge of "ohhhhhh I wish I had had a big wedding". I am completely content with the fact that I got married with short notice and little hoopla...just fits my personality. But now that I have had the opportunity to work with some brides in helping them create their seating charts, menus, photo frame with my antique and vintage windows I have begun to see the allure of planning A wedding, anyone's wedding other than mine or one that requires MY money! hahaha

Once I started looking around for inspiration I began stumbling upon SO MANY lovely vintage finds. MASON JARS on ice in metal tuns with homemade ice cream in each | VINTAGE BUTTONS used throughout the wedding from accent pieces on invitations and thank you notes to splashes of color tossed on tabletops | VINTAGE HYMNALS cut into small hearts and used to decorate the wedding reception tables | ANTIQUE OIL LAMP in place of the Unity Candle | and so much more...




I have started a Vintage Inspired Wedding Ideas Board on Pinterest where I have begun pinning my favs. Seems like every day I fall in love with a new idea. I carry many of the items in my Etsy shop that can be used to create these darling items, ready for your touch or our touch {cause I am always thrilled to design that perfect vintage piece for your wedding}.

I am currently working on a fantastic wedding present for a customer. It is a Six-Pane Vintage Window that I have painted white (or perhaps my husband has painted) and knocked down for a shabby chic look; I will be penning the couples initials {LMB} and their wedding date in the upper left-hand pane and penning their wedding location {Central Park New York, NY} in the lower right-hand pane. Here is a sample glimpse of the initials (just a trial run)...
The final product won't have the silver accent...just the lettering.

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME entry Annie...What FAB ideas...You ROCK!!! Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! :D I completely understand how wedding planning is so fun when you are spending other peoples' money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My next wedding will for sure be planned by you. Of course I am 64 years old but you never know!!
    Lovely blog !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ideas and wish I was ready to tie the knot.....its getting hard to watch a good love story with a happy wedding in it!

    ReplyDelete