May 4, 2011

RETIRED PUNKER BECOMES VINTAGE ADDICT

SO THAT WE ALL ARE ON THE SAME PAGE OF WHAT QUIRK(Y) MEANS...


noun
1.
a peculiarity of action, behavior, or personality; mannerism:He is full of strange quirks.
2.
a shift, subterfuge, or evasion; quibble.
3.
a sdden twist or turn: He lost his money by a quirk of fate.


WHO'S WHO IN QUIRKS...

The First Night...Nose Pierced
The transformation of a (not so retired) Punker into an Antiques & Vintage Collectibles Addict, is for sure 'quirky'!!!

If you've read my bio, then you have a small glimpse of who I am, if you haven't read it, you should! I'm a mother of 7, a wife of 16 years, long-term escrow/real estate background, and a lot quirky! Currently pulling off black and 'shocking blue' hair, at the age of 41 and finally got brave enough to get my nose pierced about a month ago (didn't delay because of 'looks'...delayed cause I didn't want to pass out).

WHAT IN THE @*?#...

After the economic dump, and my husband becoming surprisingly unemployed in November of 2010, I began submitting resume...after resume...after resume...and then some! NOTHING!!! This was not unexpected, just exasperating. I was working day in and day out applying for jobs that my mind knew I needed but my heart did not want.

AND THEN WHAMMY...


So one day I took a deep breath and began to browse my noggin' and the internet for something that would be exhilarating and profitable at the same time. I just kept drawing a blank, or would run into the same old 'MLM', 'Get Rich Quick', 'Give us $20 and we'll teach you everything you need to know in order to become a multi-millionaire!'...ARGH! While organizing my laundry/utility room I came across some fabulous weather-vanes that I had kept from a farmhouse we purchased in North Eastern North Carolina, which had been built in 1845. WHAM! It dawned on me...I am surrounded by some truly remarkable American History, it seems that everywhere I turn there is a piece of Americana, I mean I DO live in Historic Edenton in North Carolina. I put those weather-vanes up for auction on the internet...and Quirks By Annie was born!


NEXT...


I will be posting bits and pieces of my wacky life and how it intertwines with my new addiction. My next posts will be about Depression Glass; its history and identification process. Trust me...this information is invaluable! 

In the meantime, PLEASE...
VISIT my Etsy Store
SUBSCRIBE to my Blog Posts
FOLLOW ME on Twitter @QuirksByAnnie
LIKE me on facebook.com
OR JUST SEND ME A GOOD OL' FASHIONED e-mail

1 comment:

  1. I love that your doing this. It's funny because as your daughter in-law, we are so similar, except that im rocking the hot pink and blonde hair instead of the black and blue lol. But ya, always been a punker but also have always been into vintage collectibles and antiques. Im excited to see what you'll be posting up next :)

    ReplyDelete